The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Human Resources at Banner Health is all about engaging and supporting our clients as they work to change the healthcare landscape in our communities. Our talented and passionate teams care deeply about our patients and the individuals who are responsible for the needs of their extended families.
Come bring your passion for excellence, and your desire to ???make healthcare easier so life can be better??? to the Banner Health Human Resources team. As a Human Resources Consultant at Banner Del Webb, you will support the Banner Del Webb family. You will work in a hybrid role that is partially remote and partially in the facility. Your work will touch a wide array of human resources responsibilities. If being part of a team that works together to be the best support possible for their facility sounds like the role for you, Apply Today!
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position participates in driving business solutions, culture development and talent management strategies across Banner and their respective business in partnership with the broader Human Resource organization. Leverages metrics, data, and analytics for solutions that drive the business???s performance. Functions as the feedback loop to ensure HR programs are aligned with business needs. Consults and advises business leaders on broad talent issues that impact engagement, retention, and overall business performance and results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in planning, aligning design and own the development of critical talent management solutions to complex business situations for assigned business groups that drive performance and integration. Using knowledge of competitive strategies and tactics in developing culture, recommending development of business organizational structure, vision, and governance, and strategic workforce planning models, succession planning, guiding the capability of teams to meet strategic initiatives and other business scorecard metrics, analytics and solutions, retention and engagement, leadership development planning, change management, process redesign.
2. Plans and aligns an interactive ongoing process with leaders in the development and implementation of innovative strategies leading to positive business outcomes around the four perspectives and actively transferring best practices from/to different functions within the organization. Using a strategic mindset thinking about the collective organization, our big picture and avoiding a ???silo??? mentality acting as an analyst, gathering data as needed and making key decisions that drive results within assigned business units.
3. Acts as a courageous fully functioning, highly visible and influential member of the leadership team for business and communities they support. Instills trust while providing counsel and guidance demonstrating interpersonal savvy in all areas of human resource management, ensuring consideration of appropriate policies, practices and employment law consulting on how labor affects people strategy helping to maintain an environment of high retention and engagement and free of third party influence.
4. Strong and influential role model for expected Banner behaviors, particularly for those in leadership of Optimizing Organizational Talent, Shape the Future, Executive Presence, collaboration for integration across the continuum, and modeling a consumer oriented culture. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and constructive feedback to others, facing people problems quickly and directly-regardless of who is involved and what the situation may be not being afraid to take negative action when necessary.
5. Builds effective high performing teams acting as the lead responsible for creating appropriate solutions while building strong business relationships, continuously but collaboratively representing the proactive business perspective in the design, two way communication, and implementation of all HR programs with other segments of the HR team. Effectively assesses organizational talent helping others to do the same in an aim to ultimately drive positive outcomes for the organization.
6. May plan and align HR strategies for merger and acquisition activity within assigned business units and communities that promotes cultural integration for Banner.
7. Ability to excel in a highly matrixed organization to establish performance measures, assess and evaluate operations, and work with leadership to assure efficient and effective delivery of clinical and non-clinical services that drive us to an integrated delivery network.
8. The position promotes system consistency while addressing unique business issues for assigned business groups. This position requires the skill to influence management at all levels in the creation of an environment of choice in a fast paced environment. This role faces unpredictable situations that may have significant financial and exposure for Banner???s brand. This role may be responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with leaders, staff members, division and department heads, and medical staff that drives system integration. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, physicians, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and community partners.
Strong knowledge of human resources and business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor???s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Requires extensive knowledge and background in talent development, talent acquisition, retention/engagement, and coaching. Also an operating knowledge in the areas of planning, developing, training, budgeting and organizing programs and services, typically acquired through a minimum of three years of progressively responsible human resources management experience is essential. Extensive experience in a large, complex, highly-matrixed, multi-site organization staffed by professionals in multiple disciples. Proven experience in leading best-in-class HR organizational practices. Experience in organizational settings comprised of diverse missions and economic drivers. Knowledge and thorough understanding of rules and regulations governing employment law and the health care business. Skilled in leading a best-in-class HR organization and practices; effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail;. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Demonstrates conflict management skills tactfully navigating and advocating while building trust and bringing clarity to conversations. Has an understanding of the business strategy and overall vision of the organization, practicing at the top of their capability.
Possesses strong business acumen, knows how the businesses works and is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization as a whole. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive and influential; inspirational; able to make rational decisions in complex and ambiguous situations; highly visible; honorable; self-confident and humble; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with diverse stakeholders; strong listener; values multiple disciplines and diversity; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to consumers and employees.
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred. Master's Degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.