HR Business Partner - HR Service Delivery
Relocation Assistance Available
- Collaborate with leaders and employees to hire, motivate, reward and retain quality staff under occasional guidance
- Support and guide strategic planning and organizational development transitions
- Facilitate the Human Resources (HR) needs around hiring, management, training, compensation, and benefits aligned with best practices
- Serve as a resource for managers in maintaining a positive and rewarding work experience for employees
- Builds consultative relationships with areas supported, demonstrating the value of HR as a consistent knowledgeable, trusted, go-to resource.
- Job requires Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of human resources experience
- HR Business Partner experience in healthcare environment required
- Experience with inpatient hospital operations is highly preferred
- Proven experience in employee relations
- Proven experience in strategic development of action plans with internal business customers
- Thorough professional knowledge of organizational development, compensation and benefits
- Strong HR Generalist background
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides its faculty and staff members with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include:
- Health Plan
- Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
VUMC HR Service Delivery:
Our Service Delivery Team supports VUMC staff, faculty and managers with key human resource needs. We are able to help proactively consider many perspectives that result in a best practice solutions, and we are available to provide coaching through all aspects of employment, guide employees and managers to resolve employment concerns, clarify policy and answer employment questions, develop strategic initiatives for recognition and retention, assist in conflict management and mediating/facilitating conversations, and offer career development services.
- Partners with leaders on coaching and counseling employees throughout the employment cycle.
- Gathers and analyzes work group data analysis for leaders and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Provides guidance and interprets polices for leaders and employees on best practices in HR and balances organizational and work group priorities.
- Works with leadership to interpret policies, applies procedures, and offers services in response to identified trends and patterns while maintaining organizational perspective and consistency.
- Partners with leaders to provide coaching in employee relations, grievances and conflicts with managers and employees. Acts as point of contact for all assigned areas and assist in the development, recommendation and implementation of human resources strategies that align with the organizational goals.
- Partners with customers and HR colleagues to understand business strategy and address HR needs and issues.
- Partners with HR colleagues to share HR practices, tools and information.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS KNOWLEDGE (ADVANCED):- Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, unions and Employee Relations.
- HUMAN RESOURCES (ADVANCED):- Knowledge of various components of human resources which may include human resources management, the recruitment process, skills development and tracking, benefits administration, training, compensation, organizational development, and compliance with associated government regulations.
- HR COMPLIANCE (ADVANCED):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS (INTERMEDIATE):- The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
- INVESTIGATING (INTERMEDIATE):- The act of conducting an inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities and research of inquiring into something thoroughly and systematically, knowledge and experience of the procedures and practices of accomplishing a specific investigation.
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
Delivering Excellent Services:
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
Ensuring High Quality:
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
Managing Resources Effectively:
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US