Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Health System's management and non-management compensation systems. Develops and maintains the master file of job descriptions, standards of performance, and related competencies. Completes market surveys and performs annual market review of the data. Works with policy and procedure applications. Coordinates with Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) on activities related to the HRIS/payroll system.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Assists with the development and administration of the compensation programs for the various entities within the health system, to include establishing and maintaining equitable pay structures within the organization.
3. *Assists in developing and maintaining the necessary documentation to assure the compensation program is monitored and communicated appropriately.
4. *Assists with the annual assessment and determination of compensation changes necessary to maintain competitive positioning in the marketplace.
5. *Assists with determining financial impact related to recommendations regarding compensation changes as may be required.
6. *Works directly with department or entity leadership in addressing positions that may require changes; conducts job analysis/audits as necessary to determine appropriate salary grade; recommends appropriate pay grades for reclassifications, pay range changes, or new positions.
7. Coordinates and maintains the organization's job classification system, to include the determination of FLSA status; collaborates with Employee Health Services in the determination of physical requirements for specific positions.
8. *Conducts and participates in surveys of local, regional, and national pay and benefits practices; maintains the organization's library of survey data.
9. Reviews and assists departments with the creation and maintenance of job descriptions and job standards; assists with meeting Joint Commission requirements of maintaining current job descriptions in appropriate repository.
10. *Assists and provides information to leadership and employees regarding issues related to compensation and classification questions.
11. *Researches special compensation programs or incentive programs to support the organization's objectives.
12. Assists in maintaining Human Resources departmental job descriptions and standards of performance.
13. Coordinates with payroll and HRIS on activities related to the personnel/payroll system.
14. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
15. Participates in meetings, committees and department projects as assigned.
16. Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
(Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk “*”. Refer to the Job Description Guide for the definition of essential and non-essential job functions.) Attach Addendum for positions with slightly different roles or work-specific differences as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of human resource management processes and principles.
2. Knowledge of compensation practices and philosophies.
3. Knowledge of state and national legislation concerning employment practices and wage and salary regulations.
4. Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to work functions.
5. Ability to work with considerable independence of action within the defined area of responsibility.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with departmental directors, managers, supervisors, and staff.
7. Ability to compile and present reports both verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to identify the responsibilities and work processes of various facility departments and performance requirements of their personnel.
9. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
10. Ability to problem solve and engage independent critical thinking skills.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality relevant to sensitive information.
12. Ability to prioritize work demands and work with minimal supervision.
13. Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration required. Minimum of five (5) years experience in direct compensation administration preferred. Strong technical skills.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Professional compensation designation and/or certification preferred.
(Physical Requirements are based on federal criteria and assigned by Human Resources upon review of the Principal Job Functions.)
(DOT) – Characterized as sedentary work requiring exertion up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Bryan Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We’re a Nebraska governed, nonprofit health system that cares for patients, educates tomorrow’s health care providers and motivates our community with fitness and health programs. Our award-winning network of doctors, hospitals and medical providers offers effective care; works with industry leaders to introduce leading-edge, proven treatments to our region; and serves rural communities through outreach clinics, mobile services and telemedicine care. We’re always focused on providing the personalized care and programs that make a difference in your life.