Program Director, Quality and Compliance Management
Requisition Number 2001436
Role: Vanderbilt Health RX Solutions, LLC and Vanderbilt Health Pharmacy Group, LLC are market facing businesses, wholly owned by Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). Our primary mission is to build patient-centered, clinically integrated specialty pharmacy programs in collaboration with health system partners. Founded on the proven success of Vanderbilt University Medical Center's own specialty pharmacy, VHRxS draws on years of experience to help our partners build successful programs of their own. Our dynamic and ever-growing team is currently seeking a Program Director, Quality and Compliance Management. This position reports to the Director, Operations and Pharmacy Services.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the organization. Demonstrates expertise in process improvement, quality assurance practices and/or programs. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures
* Demonstrates mastery of program or product administration in practical applications under difficult circumstances [e.g., deadlines, complex requirements.] Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering program or product results without support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting examples, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job
* Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
* Contributions may also include written deliverable/presentation review, meeting facilitation, some limited travel, industry and market research, etc.
* Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
* Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
* Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
* Possesses the ability to synthesize complex information into simple, understandable concepts in order to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
* Pharm D or 5 years relevant experience (Required)
The Department of Pharmaceutical Services provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care services to Vanderbilt University Hospital (VUH), Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt (Children's Hospital), Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (VPH) and The Vanderbilt Medical Group (VMG).
This patient-centered service is provided through the Patient Care Center organization and clinic structure. The role of the Pharmacy is to promote safe and effective medication therapy for all patients and to provide oversight and leadership of the medication use system.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Internal Number: 2001436
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.