The Business Systems Analyst – Senior is the primary liaison between IT and the business community for the development and implementation of business processes to support correspondence management across various functional areas of GHP. They typically work concurrently on multiple IT projects of varying size and scope, including large (> 7,000 person hour) enterprise wide projects. This analyst works to correctly understand and accurately document use cases, requirements, workflow, processes, and business rules required for a clear picture of the business. They coordinate the definition, documentation, analysis and review of all project requirements. In conjunction with users, they reengineer and redesign more effective and efficient business processes by applying business rules, processes, and workflow to the use of new or redesigned IT systems. They are responsible for reporting progress, risks and issues to business stakeholders, Project Manager, Program Director and IT Director. A Senior Business Systems Analyst receives minimal direction from Management. They could be responsible for mentoring and teaching less senior Business Analysts.
MAJOR DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Works independently on all types of initiatives (small, medium and large complexity).
2. *Defines business view of solution scope as well as a scope that is feasible.
3. *Performs stakeholder analysis to identify and determine stakeholder needs.
4. *Manages baseline and changes to requirements.
5. *Plans and estimates BA activities, communications, and requirements management process.
6. *Deliver full project objectives on time and within budget.
7. *Defines business need and capability gaps driving the need for an enhancement or solution to be developed.
8. *Plans requirements elicitation activities and documents and validates elicitation results.
9. *Prioritizes requirements according to the project and stakeholder needs.
10. *Organizes, packages and communicates requirements appropriate to audience.
11. *Obtains Signoff on requirements.
12. *Creates and maintains forwards and backwards traceability in requirements.
13. *Determines solution alternatives and assess for feasibility, risk, business value, and defines the approach selected.
14. *Translates business specifications into clear and concise functional specifications for use by system developers and configuration specialists.
15. *Specifies and models requirements in visual and textual formats at various levels of abstraction.
16. *Validates requirements, assumptions and constraints with stakeholders.
17. *Verifies requirements of sufficient quality with stakeholders.
18. *Allocates requirements based on project and solutions needs.
19. *Evaluates and validates the solution meets the business needs of the stakeholders.
20. *Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion. Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
21. May lead or supervise other business analysts.
22. Applies the IIBA Body Knowledge appropriately.
23. Perform other duties as assigned or required by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
*Denotes essential job duties
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates problem solving, creativity, analytical and systems thinking
Learning approach to understand the business, and the needs of stakeholders
Comfortable working independently and well organized
Capable of using word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of business structures
Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills
Demonstrates ability to express and present ideas, issues and paraphrase what others are communicating
Demonstrates strong time management skills - ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
Demonstrates leadership, managerial skills, and project management skills
Knowledge of Agile Methods is required.
Knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar methodology is desired.
Demonstrates capability to successfully handle multiple teams and multiple tasks simultaneously and under strict deadlines is preferred
Demonstrates advanced business and technical acumen.
Healthcare payer and Facets experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Business, Information Technology or related field required. Minimum of five years of experience working on successful IT-related project management as a Business Analyst is required.
In lieu of degree, may consider a minimum of eleven years of full-time experience in a related information technology/application/user/ support / including workflow and process documentation software and methodologies, and project management.
Demonstrated experience with BABOK or similar business analysis methodology is required.
Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the Business Analyst function on multiple IT projects of varying size and scope including large (> 7,000 person hours) enterprise wide projects is preferred.
Significant experience in requirements analysis techniques including structured analysis, context diagrams, data flow diagrams, entity diagrams, prototyping, use cases and functional/technical crosswalk for solutions design and proof of concept is required.
System, Integration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) experience required.
Significant experience using workflow and process documentation software and methodologies, and project management software is required.
Experience in healthcare payer process areas required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.