Takes ownership of all PCs and peripheral devices in their assigned area and provide users with excellent customer service. Works closely with desktop services and applications analysts to ensure workstations and peripherals are functioning properly with all installed applications. Assists other Workstation Analysts in team efforts as needed, and act as backup for fellow Workstation Analysts on the team. Constantly updates and keeps current inventory of PCs and peripherals in assigned area. Continuously seeks to improve and strengthen technical and interpersonal skills.
Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Geisinger Health System in its efforts to provide quality patient care and patient satisfaction. Responsible for providing third tier support of assigned systems, performance of tasks related to project completion, including but not limited to, analysis, testing, documentation, problem resolution, and implementation of devices and supported applications.
Responsible for development and management of project plans and functions as a primary contact to the product lines.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. * Provides front-line action on microcomputer hardware, software, network and communication problems in a timely, courteous manner. Provides second tier application support to Associate and Intermediate Analyst's.
2. * Recommends IT related enhancements to meet current and future needs. Keeps current on new technology developments in hardware, software, and techniques within the industry.
3. * Responsible for researching problems using microcomputer and network documentation and vendor supplied databases.
4. * Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge regarding GHS networked computing environment, problem management tools, problem resolution methods and integration of non-standard technologies. Keeps current on new technology developments.
5. Maintains an accurate list of hardware assets within standard IT database application.
6. * Install, configure and upgrade desktop hardware and peripherals to include; printers and other misc. hardware. Gains a solid understanding of standard applications.
7. * Provides input into project plans. Assists with the design of new or improved systems including reports. Reports project progress to IT mgmt. as required.
8. * Maintains a solid understanding of standard applications, and department specific applications as required.
9. * Assists with the assurance the end users uphold GHS IT security policies.
10. Provides continuous support for specific applications and systems requiring possible 24 hours/7 days per week coverage, dependent on criticality.
11. Assists with planning, testing, and documenting for application upgrades. Verifies system performance via test data.
12. Assists in the preparation of department policies, procedures, and standards.
13. Responsible for attending departmental and team meetings.
14. Recommends, orders, and oversees installation of user department required peripheral devices.
15. Supports IT departmental initiatives like file server migrations as needed.
16. Supports personnel moves by assuring full functionality of PC and peripherals following move.
17. * Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
18. Install software and manage PC's in assigned area through the use of Microsoft Active Directory.
19. * Work as a Sr team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility with current system.
20. Contributes to a team atmosphere.
21. * Develops project management skills and becomes an active team player within special projects.
22. * Continues development of skills and mentoring WSA Associates and Intermediates.
23. Assists with the design of new or improved systems including reports.
24. * Demonstrates self-motivated work ethic.
25. Performs other duties as required or assigned by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates the skill set to work on PCs and peripherals in a highly complex and integrated network environment required.
Demonstrates the ability to interface with users in the work environment with a courteous and pleasant attitude.
Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot problems under both normal and stressful conditions to assure production environment is kept running and stable.
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written verbal and phone communication skills.
Demonstrated the ability to integrate into a mature team-based structure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor of Science, Associate degree or technical diploma in Computer Science or Information Science required.
Minimum of five years’ work experience in the Information Technology field required.
Minimum of seven years’ experience supporting microcomputer-based word processing; spreadsheet and database packages may substitute a degree.
Experience with multiple Microsoft Operating Systems, Macintosh computers, and microcomputer communication software preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Potential candidate must have the ability to move PCs and peripheral equipment that may exceed 50 lbs.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.