Providence is calling a Registrar (.8) to Providence Health & Services in Missoula, MT.
We are seeking a Registrar to be responsible for securing appropriate patient account reimbursement by obtaining complex demographic, insurance and medical information and ensuring this is documented timely and accurately.
In this position you will:
- Assess patient ability to complete the admission process prior to receiving services or going to their hospital rooms, ensuring patients are registered in a timely manner, accounts are complete, compliant, and billable and do not require rework or intervention.
- Request, collect and document co-pays from patients effectively and efficiently within EMTALA guidelines where applies; present ABN's and ensure signatures are obtained.
- Provide armbands in a timely manner and verify all information on the armband with patient to ensure accuracy; escort and/or direct patient appropriately once registration completed.
- Secure patient's valuables in accordance with PH&S procedures, providing appropriate validation documentation and storing valuables in safe as needed; return valuables to patients at discharge and complete valuables log.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is scanned and order entry tasks are completed timely and accurately; process in-house patient work queues timely and accurately.
- Ensure forms are filled in promptly and accurately for worker comp/labor and industries patients and follow through with patients for signature and completion.
- Maintain accurate, clear, concise, and complete account notes and other relevant information; closely adhere to set schedules and handle time standards.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) plus years' experience in customer service or healthcare registration.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations; compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Confidentiality of all patient demographic, medical, and financial information, ensuring proper handling and disposal of confidential documents and adherence to HIPAA.
Preferred qualifications for this position include :
- College level course work, particularly Medical Terminology or Medical Assistant coursework.
- Previous registrar and third party payor experience.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS).
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD coding and medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and managed care payors, healthcare registration, Medicare Secondary Payor, EMTALA and ABN.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital, have achieved Magnet status granted by the ANCC, and have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly, as well as received numerous other awards. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 151799