Circle is a robust mobile app designed to provide support for new mothers and women in between doctor visits by making healthcare more mobile, accessible, transparent & simple. Our team is entering the next iteration of our product cycle, and we're looking for a talented Senior System Engineer to be responsible for the stability, monitoring and optimization efforts to support the Circle Mobile app as it rolls out for use across all Providence facilities.
What you'll work on:
The position reports to the Director of Digital Alliances and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff at all levels in Providence Strategic and Management Services (PSMS), as well as with other Providence Health & Services staff, vendors, agents, and others.
How you'll be doing this:
- You will support and manage our cloud-based mobile app infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with developers and QA to prevent and resolve performance and reliability issues.
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, thrive in and are a leader in organizations that keeps pace with the state of the art, and are an example and mentor to your team.
- You are an expert with agile continuous integration, delivery and DevOps & will champion the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high quality development environment.
- You dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and will help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team.
- You will build strategies to utilize automation to provision and secure infrastructure, software and other technical components that are baked into the orchestration of all software tiers.
- You have a mind-set to automate everything.
- You will assist in building, maintaining and debugging state-of-the-art engineering technical approaches with security best practices enforced.
- You will guide technical design activities to ensure design intent is clear and infrastructure impact understood.
- You will work with management and engineers to ensure systems are in line with overall policies and standards.
Bring us your expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- 3 years system administration and architecture experience across multiple systems, languages and frameworks.
- 2 years supporting and securing Linux systems in 24x7 production environments.
- 1 years' experience working with automation tools such Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Teamcity or similar technology
- 1 years' experience supporting Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EC2, Route 53, etc.
- Expert in designing and maintaining a cloud based highly-available (HA) service-oriented-architecture (SOA) large scale experience preferred.
- Expert in distributed reliability engineering with a solid understanding of application data flow and how it meets system infrastructure.
- Advanced experience working with server and application hardening best practices.
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 146663