Providence is calling a Radiation and Oncology Manager to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Manager is responsible for the overall organization, operation, planning, and management of services provided in the Radiation Oncology Department (Cancer Therapy Center or CTC).
In this position you will:
- Develop employees through the use of good communication skills, coaching and making educational opportunities available.
- Work with Lead Therapist to coordinate daily workflow, planning for and adjusting employee schedules.
- Demonstrate knowledge and practice commensurate with standards established by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, State of Alaska, and the Providence Health System.
- Engage staff and physicians in monitoring, reporting and communicating results.
- Maintain current knowledge of acceptable billing codes and work with Finance Department and the Revenue Capture Committee to maintain current Charge Data Master.
- Make timely use of patient satisfaction data to assist staff with process improvements.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Five (5) years Radiation Therapist experience including two (2) years radiation therapy management experience
- Graduate of an AMA approved course in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor's degree with a preference in business, administration or other associated area
- ARRT or CAMRT
- Experience in budget development and management
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated staff mentoring skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 135576