This position exists to provide both tactical and strategic direction in partnership with Entity and Corporate Management for the departments of Human Resources. Provides leadership to ensure the effective coordination and delivery of all Human Resource functions including Employment, Employee Relations, and Recruitment/Staffing to achieve identified business goals and objectives. Provides leadership to identify, develop and implement the necessary HR and business-related programs and processes to position the organization to meet increased expectations for performance and growth. Guides and advises Hospital Leadership Team on effective management and leadership of their human resources. Serves on Senior Leadership Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the ability to guide and direct others toward goal setting. Assumes leadership position to ensure seamless, quality services. Actively participates and leads initiatives to improve employee and hospital operations. Delegates effectively by entrusting responsibility and authority to others. Assumes administrator on-call responsibilities.
- Leads change
- Leads through vision and values
- Values diversity
- Exhibits adaptability
2. Sets goals and objectives and develops an implementation system to reach those goals. Ensures creative and futuristic planning for health care delivery. Collaborates with medical staff, executives, hospital leaders, corporate leaders and hospital staff to assure goals are in congruence.
- Utilizes business acumen
- Drives for results
- Sets specific goals and objectives
3. Integrates current knowledge of all areas of responsibility and management theories and concepts into the practice environment. Establishes goals for own professional growth including participation in professional organizations. Serves as an internal expert to the organization and develops and implements training programs for staff.
- Develops others
- Exhibits empowerment of staff
4. Obtains and manages human, financial and physical resources. Develops and maintains budgets (operational and capital). Provides overall management of human resources within areas of responsibility. Utilizes monitoring and trending data to provide appropriate cost effective services which are in concert with the philosophy of the Hospital.
- Works within budget allocation
- Ensures employee satisfaction
- Efficiently utilizes staffing resources
5. Ensures the exchange of information (written and verbal) and ideas is timely, effective, and respectful. Informs executive management of pertinent information. Acts as the communication link between management, staff, and outside agents as needed. Prepares reports that are professionally written and provides an accurate interpretation of the information.
- Builds trust
- Communicates with impact
- Develops Strategic Relationships
- Exhibits Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Utilizes organizational savvy
6. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and complies with Business Practice Standards for performance.
7. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
8. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards.