The Organizational Development Specialist cultivates exceptional leadership and applies best practices to improve team development and organizational effectiveness in support of Geisinger's mission and vision. The OD Specialist builds our leadership talent pool now and for the future, promote employee engagement, and enhance our patient's experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Internal Consulting - Provide internal consulting services to departments with the goal of enhancing employee engagement and improving team productivity. Facilitate team discussion, administer individual assessments, perform diagnostic interviews, and prepare an Organizational Development report summarizing the department's strengths, opportunities and recommendations for improvement. Assist with implementation of recommendations as needed.
Leadership Development - Develop and deliver Front Line and Middle Management Leadership Training workshops and/or curriculums including: assess development needs, prepare objectives, develop course content and leader guide, and effectively facilitate training using adult learning principles to engage participants and assist in knowledge transfer and application.
Employee Engagement - Support efforts to enhance employee engagement through partnering with internal clients and HR Generalist through:
• survey administration,
• results analysis and reporting
• action plan development and implementation,
• development of low performing work groups/leader
Organizational Initiatives – assists and/or leads special projects/organizational initiatives in support of HR and/or GHS strategic plan, such as revised performance management system.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, in the areas of psychology, organizational development, human resources or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in training, organizational development or relevant experience required. Organizational Development experience in health care preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of assessment tools and usage, individual and group assessment strategies, and action plan development required.
- Group intervention and facilitation experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic program development and implementation in the areas of leadership development, organizational development, and organizational change required.