Provide broad strategic Human Resources consulting to Ministry leadership to develop pro-active people strategies and agendas that support local Ministry mission, goals, and objectives while also ensuring Human Resources compliance. As a member of the local Ministry HR team, collaborate with System Office Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Ministry operational leadership and management to identify leadership, management, and employee needs, and implement strategies to support those needs across the Ministry. In addition, through an understanding of the local Ministry culture and environment, successfully lead the implementation of various St. Joseph-wide programs developed in the COEs – including but not limited to Leadership Continuity, performance management, talent development, employee advocacy programs and processes, and total rewards and wellness programs. Provide front line direction, guidance and support for local Ministry leadership and management around Ministry initiatives, employee relations issues, workforce planning, recruiting and employment needs, and on-boarding strategies.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System (see attached behavioral definitions of competencies):
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication, interpersonal relations and leading courageously.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business / job specific knowledge.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- Leads special projects as required that help drive local Ministry operational results, and coordinates integration of COE resources based on project content areas
- Manages Human Resources elements of Ministry acquisitions and/or divestitures processes, and coordinate integration of HR COE content and resources
- Leads Ministry Partner teams and support staff, and ensures alignment of people strategies across service lines
- May manage Ministry Partner budgets
- Performs projects, research, and deliverables independently with guidance and support from the HR leadership team
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent Ministry partnering and consultative skills
- Strong hospital and operational acumen
- Expert communication skills, including strong presentation capabilities
- Effective interpersonally to be able to influence others and collaborate across multiple levels of leadership
- Team player with ability to work with various stakeholders & levels of employees/executives
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proactive initiative and communication style
- High degree of personal accountability
- Excellent relationship-building and consulative skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Continuous learner
- Change agent
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
- Follows all policies developed by the Information Systems Department to support change management, confidentiality, and security.
- Respects the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients.
- Maintains organizational, employee, and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
- Reports promptly any suspected or potential violations to laws, regulations, procedures, policies and practices, and cooperates in related investigation.
- Conducts all transactions in compliance with all company policies, procedures, standards and practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all applicable compliance and legal requirements of the job based on the scope of practice of the position.