The VCU Health System is seeking a Practice Administrator to support the Psych - Administration by managing and directing the daily operations of either a large, single practice site or multiple, smaller practice sites. Responsible for financial management; human and material resources; physician recruitment, on-boarding and compensation renewals; clinical practice management; space and resource allocation; regulatory compliance; business development; and special project development related to the site(s). Provides on-going reporting on safety, patient satisfaction employee satisfaction, financial performance and other business metrics on a regular basis. Serves as a resource to other MC VP leaders in support of expansion of strategic service initiatives.
Level and type of experience REQUIRED
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience gained within a physician practice, clinical department of an academic medical center, large multi-specialty clinic, or other related health-services venture.
- Previous experience with Joint Commission standards as they relate to the position's chief objective.
Level and type of experience PREFERRED
- Direct line management experience working in day-to-day contact with physicians.
- Revenue cycle experience in maintaining cash flow and financial practices for cash management within an outpatient center.
- Previous experience in any or all of the following areas:
- Developing accurate proformas and business plans for clinical programs and services;
- Facility design and development of outpatient clinics;
- Physician compensation plans and experience in working with physicians in regards to their employment agreements and compensation plans; Physician recruitment; Commonwealth of Virginia's COPN process.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Finance or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Finance or related field
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 11,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.