VCU Health System's Surgery Administration is seeking a full time Administrator with strong finance, healthcare, operations, and business background and experience to provide administrative and financial leadership. This role is responsible for all aspects of the business and operational activities and functions for the department to include relationship development; strategic planning; legal and regulatory compliance; financial management; participation in the administration and management of the physician compensation plan, and human resources management of physicians and staff. This position ensures departmental and individual compliance with both VCU Health System and Virginia Commonwealth policies and procedures.
- Functions autonomously receiving general guidance and direction from the Department Chair, the MCVP Executive Director, and the Senior Associate Dean of Business Affairs on strategic and policy issues. Operates independently concerning matters involving the administrative and financial management of the Department, and ensures compliance with VCUHS expectations. Should have knowledge of surgical practice.
- Supervises administrative, clinical and clerical employees assigned to the Department(s).
- The Clinical Department Administrator will equally report to the Chair of the Department and to the Executive Director of MCVP, with a secondary reporting relationship to the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration in the VCU School of Medicine. All three individuals will work with the Department Administrator to set annual performance objectives, to conduct the annual performance review, and to set annual compensation.
- Must be available as needed to staff on all shifts, locations, etc.
In addition to the required educational and operational skills, the desired candidate should possess the following attributes and skill set:
- Strategic thinker
- High level of initiative
- Strong presentation skill
- Team management skills
- Strong diplomacy skills
- Effective communicator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Business or closely related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible financial management and/or administrative/operational work experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory and staff management work experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or closely related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE)
- Administrative and/or financial management work experience in an academic medical center and/or large physician group practice preferred.
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 11,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.